Monday, December 17, 2012

Sales Spike!

It might be a little presumptious (I've had people return copies of my book before), and it may be only slight, but I've had the best month in... well, months, in terms of sales.

Better yet, the attach rate for the series increased as well.  Typically, I get about 20% on a return readership.  That is to say, if 10 people buy The Bindings of Fate, two of them will purchase As Darkness Falls.  It will be very interesting to see how things go once The Enemy Within is out.

Last week, I spoke about sales strategies, and what I plan on doing regarding the first book in the trilogy.  Rather than do a few days of free sales, I'm thinking of permanently lowering the price of Bindings.  It's clearly my first book, and I want to get more people on board for something which is a decidely niche title.  Medieval superheroes hadn't ever been done before, to my knowledge.  I think some fans have envisioned the Avengers as such, but even that came out after May 2011.

Of course, as Bindings becomes more open to the public, with a cheaper price, I imagine I'm going to get hit with a massive amount of hate (or so it would seem, anyway).  More people will get their hands on it, but the attach rate will probably drop.

That % is just a number.  I don't really care about that.  If I couldn't impress 95 out of 100 people, I'd just be incredibly happy to entertain those five other people.  As of right now, it looks like I'm writing the Tellest series for 200 people.  If that's the case, I salute you all, and I'll continue to write for you.  Thanks for being on board thus far!

No comments:

Post a Comment